Subject: Re: sfb0 on DEC3000
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Ted Sikora <tsikora@home.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/24/2000 10:37:14
Toru Nishimura wrote:

> >> I am using the LK401 kb(English)USA) on wskbd0 on wsdisplay0.
> >>
> >        I enabled the vt220 terminal and there is some F key function. F4 to
> > F10 do work. It's much better than vt100 and the sun term is all but
> > unusable. At least it's usable now as a standalone machine rather than
> > just serial console mode. I would appreciate you pointing me in the
> > right direction to get full kb functionality with the
> > sfb/wskbd/wsdisplay. Arrow key funtionality has been lost in apps. It
> > does work under serial console mode.
>
> I'm confused a bit.  Is it a TERMCAP issue?  If lkkbd/wskbd
 layer
No! I guess I was clouding the issue. The termcaps have a bit of a
problem by themselves. They do not work entirely correctly(vt100 and
sun) The vt220 seems perfect. So far with the vt220 term and sfb the
DEC3000 is almost perfect. Just those troublesome fkeys
and arrow keys make using standard apps like mc and pine/pilot/pico a
bit useless. Legacy apps like vi and the like are fine?

> emits sequences of codes correctly, their functional interpretation
> belongs to applications and their runtime environments.

I have not checked yet but if I get the time tonight I will check what
keycodes are being generated.

Regards,
--
Ted Sikora