Subject: AlphaServer 1200 memory layout
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: David Burren <david@burren.cx>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/23/2000 16:41:27
A hardware question in case someone out there has the answer and can
save me doing an experiment....  The machine's tied up initialising raid
sets, formatting, etc for a while anyway.

I have an AlphaServer 1200 with one CPU and 512 MB RAM.  The memory is
installed as 256MB on mcmem0 and 256MB on mcmem1 (seperate memory
boards).  The machine's closed and running right now, but I believe each
256MB is a single DIMM.

I can understand that having the memory split would be advantageous (in
general) for multi-CPU setups, but does anyone know if I will get any
advantage (e.g. from interleaving) if I move both DIMMs to mcmem0?  I
don't have any doco for the machine :-(  If no-one knows, I'll swap the
memory and run some benchmarks in the next few days.

Thanks
__
David Burren