Subject: Re: Is the UP1000 with a 21264 supported under NetBSD/alpha?
To: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
From: Ted Sikora <tsikora@home.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/27/2000 14:14:31
> The only reason Linux is similar to commercial unix or NetBSD, is
> because IT IS A COPY OF BSD UNIX TO START WITH!  Sheesh. #$!#!#%@@&.

Not even that! It's an enhanced copy of Minix brought up to
100% Unix compatibility with a patchwork of snippets from BSD and
SystemV. If it weren't for Gnu and Richard Stallman well ...  that's
another story but I still like's it! It's better than the alternatives.
Let's face it Linux made the free BSD's what they are today. If not for
the competition it would still be in the closet as an
administrator/engineers plaything and we would still be bitching about
the price of Motif.

--
Ted Sikora
Jtl Development Group