Subject: Re: Framebuffer on DEC 3000/300
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/27/2000 17:57:52
> On a similar topic, is it possible to disable the built-in baseboard
> framebuffer on the DEC 3000/300?

Not possible, I think.

> Mine has bad framebuffer RAM, and so
> fails boot-up tests.  (Visually, I lose scan lines.)  As I can't
> physically remove it, I'd like to get the system to ignore it, if
> possible---especially as I can fit a working TurboChannel framebuffer
> card (PMAG-BA, if I recall correctly) from elsewhere if need be to
> supplant it.

When you put the TC framebuffer on DEC3000/300 option slot, it will be
selected as a video console.

> Does NetBSD/alpha on the DEC 3000/300 support more than one framebuffer
> installed at once?

I tried to use CX (PMAG-B) on DEC3000/300, got the herrible video
performance and convinced myself I would never try it again...
I recommend to get an excess HX (PMAGB-B) or HX+ (PMAGD).

Tohru Nishimura