Subject: Re: pinouts for mmj
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org, tsikora@home.com>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/24/2000 22:05:46
> From: Ted Sikora <tsikora@home.com>
>
> http://www.partner.digital.com:9003/public/cheat_sheets/cables/padapters.html
> Finally the correct pinouts right from DEC. Tom's pinouts are wrong in
> the NetBSD FAQ.

Can you expand on this a little for us?  E.g., which NetBSD FAQ are you
referring to, and what's the pinout discrepancy?

ISTM that if I start with the NetBSD/alpha faq at

	http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/alpha/faq.html#serial-consoles

and follow the links and search directions to the MMJ in Tommy's pinout
collection, then it does give exactly the same MMJ pinout.

Now, I do see a small difference in the recommended wiring for the MMJ to
DB25-F adapter, where Tommy says MMJ/DSR <-> DB25/DSR but the referenced
DEC document wants MMJ/DSR split to both DSR and CD on the DB25. An im-
provement, to be sure, but not really a wrong vs right difference, and
not easily constructed with a standard connector kit. :-)

	Ross