Subject: SOFTDEP working on alpha?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/20/2000 22:18:06
Does anyone have soft updates working on their NetBSD/alpha filesystems?
I made a 1.4X (-current) kernel in which I enabled "options SOFTDEP",
but when I enabled soft updates on a FFS filesystem running that kernel,
the machine did a panic and reboot at the first write to that
filesystem.

Does anyone have this enabled on any of their filesystems and running
successfully?  I'm running on a DEC 3000/300 if that makes any
difference.

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu