Subject: Re: what's this machine check mean?
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Wilko Bulte <wkb@chello.nl>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/18/2000 08:05:45
On Mon, Apr 17, 2000 at 09:55:51PM -0400, der Mouse wrote:

> > Those come with and without cache, BTW.
>
> Mine has no cache, but does have sockets I could put cache in.

Cache from an old PC/486 does it generally..

> [Wilko, on speed]
> > NoName boards were sold in the Netherlands last November
> > new-in-the-box for US$ 12 each.  At such a price one cannot complain
> > about price-performance ratios.
>
> Mine was US$ 12 less than that.  I'm not complaining. :-)

Ours worked.. ;)

> In view of the latter, I suspect thermal problems - especially since
> the 3.3V regulator heatsink gets hot enough to concern me.  I'm
> pondering ways to cool things more effectively.

Oh yes! Cool the bugger. I've seen very weird things on a NoName with an
overheating CPU and/or regulator. I put a room ventilator on my during
initial testing.

--
Wilko Bulte 		Powered by FreeBSD  	http://www.freebsd.org
						http://www.tcja.nl