Subject: Re: what's this machine check mean?
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/16/2000 19:02:33
On Sun, Apr 16, 2000 at 03:26:05AM -0400, der Mouse wrote:
> Absent any experience with the hardware, or documentation (including
> hints from others more familiar with it), I'd be inclined to wait at
> least a couple of minutes.

So, while I'm asking, the documentation says that one particular
part of the board needs to be connected to the case for ground.

Is that true? Is it conventional to have motherboards connected to the
case? Isn't this sort of thing best handled through the power supply?

Oh, and is it possible to buy pre-built latch kits for the diagnostic
lights?

Seen on bottom of IBM part number 1887724:
DO NOT EXPOSE MOUSE PAD TO DIRECT SUNLIGHT FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME.