Subject: Re: NetBSD vs. Red Hat Linux 5.2 vs. WinNT4
To: David Woyciesjes <DAW@yalepress3.unipress.yale.edu>
From: Wilko Bulte <wkb@chello.nl>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/14/2000 19:50:47
On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 01:46:02PM -0400, David Woyciesjes wrote:

> 	---My friend has a unused copy (still in shrink-wrap) of Red Hat
> Linux 5.2.. The Extra! edition w/ power tools and stuff. The Red Hat box
> includes everything I'm looking for, http, ftp, XWindows, and more... But
> I'm not sure about NAT to share my IP address (soon to be DSL connection!).

I have no idea on Linux, I never used it, nor do I intend to to be honest.

> 	---Or am I better off, as a beginner to the Unix-type systems, with
> NetBSD? What folders on the FTP site exactly would I need for a DEC Multia
> 166? I'll have to use a 3Com PCMCIA as the second NIC card for the IP
> routing duties.

I think the NetBSD website tells you what you need. Or otherwise the README
(or similarly named file) on the ftp site. As for the details you would need
a NetBSD/multia user to comment.

--
Wilko Bulte 		Powered by FreeBSD  	http://www.freebsd.org
						http://www.tcja.nl