Subject: Re: Alphaserver 1000 4/233 and graphic display problems
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/22/2000 08:21:04
On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 11:30:55AM +0100, mikaeld@online.no wrote:

 > Using the onboard graphics adapter, the installation bombs out some
 > time into the second boot diskette with the message :
 >
 > "panic: no pci_display_console on 0/0/0"

I suspect the problem here is that the SRM is reporting the console
as CTB_TURBOSLOT_TYPE_EISA, which the NetBSD console code doesn't handle
very gracefully.

Can you please hook up a serial console to the machine, run
"show config" and "show devs" at the SRM prompt, capture that
output, and e-mail it to me?  That would certainly help me to
debug this problem.

If it is a CTB_TURBOSLOT_TYPE_EISA, I'm pretty sure we can handle that
the same way we handle CTB_TURBOSLOT_TYPE_ISA, but I'd like to see
the SRM output described above, first.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>