Subject: Re: improved video console support for DEC3000
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/16/2000 13:03:28
Hello, DEC3000 guys,

> I've commit in DEC3000 video console improvement codes to main
> repository.  DEC3000 now uses MI sfb.c TC framebuffer driver which
> sports improved faster text rendering assisted by SFB hardware
> accelerator.

I realized the performance boost is far less than optimal.  It used to
run faster.  I'm going to make changes next 12 hours to retain the
rendering capacity.  The lossage was made by the merge work with
rasops flexible new multiple font console support; it suffered SFB
potential largely.  I have to make a balance between functionalities,
code size and memory consumption.

Tohru Nishimura