Subject: Re: fddi cards
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/10/2000 10:45:18
Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com> wrote;

>> It might be cheaper to replace the 10BaseT hub with something that
>> had a 100BaseT port.  DEFPAs might be more fun.  Your call.
>
>  ...but 100baseT switches aren't cheap, and they're virtually a
> requirement if you're running more than a few hosts and want to get
> anywhere near acceptable (i.e. rated 100mbps) network performance
> with 100mb ethernet.

I stand for Dave.  Although some 100baseT switch might be cheap, their
qualities are _really_ bad.  Some of them never show the performance
as they claim, and easily get mulfunctioned and die earlier.  When you
purchase any electronics, turn out the product and check to see 'Made
in wherever'.  (In any sense I'm not a nationalist at all I express)

Tohru Nishimura