Subject: Re: interaction between tlp0 and isp0 causes panic
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/09/2000 17:41:59
On Sun, Mar 05, 2000 at 05:21:52PM -0800, Erik E. Fair wrote:

 > What the heck is going on here?
 >
 > My best guess is that the Qlogic SCSI controller is grabbing the PCI
 > bus for longer than the DE500 likes, and the tlp driver is coughing
 > up blood as a result. Anyone else seen something like this?

...or something.  I wonder if the Latency Timer is set to 0 on everything.

Could be that the Tulip is DMA'ing over memory that the kernel thinks
is free as a result of bogus PCI configuration.

It's known that some Alpha firmware get the Latency Timer setting wrong,
and I'm stewing on a solution for it.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>