Subject: Sometimes I am slow, sometimes I am half fast.
To: alpha <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: HerbalGypsy/justbobthebard <shsrms@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/22/2000 18:26:04
Ok, I hope you laughed...
I am still having a blast with my PC164 and 1.4.1.

But I still need help with my 3000 and multia.
I can not seem to get my multia to boot off of floppy.
It just hangs.  I was using it to create drivew for my 3k.

I am just about to attempt to try netbooting but I am slow...
I want to see if I can put unzip and tar on a floppy, read them
into the multia, and then I will be home freeeeeee.

Now, the real slow part...
I am not sure how to get my floppy writable on the 164, and readable
on the multia.

If I try to mount the floppy, I get "device not configured" messages.
I tryed MAKE on the floppy, and have the floppy stuff in /dev.

I have the floppy stuff in /dev on the multia (multia is using the 3k
hard drive,
it has the basic generic 1.3.2 kernel, and basic root stuff, no usrland.

so here are my long winded questions:
Is there a way to read and write floppys on these beasts?
If so, how?

Is there a way to make this little multia boot from a floppy?
I still have my 1.3.2 floppy from last year, thanks for the help Ross et
al,
I cleaned the heads on the drive, I can get it to start to boot but it
just stops with the floppy light on and sits.  I waited 24 hours and it
just
sat.  With 1.4.1 floppies, it does not seem to complete the first floppy
load.

Help!!!
thanks
bob