Subject: tlp driver - how to config?
To: #List Alpha <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/21/2000 16:12:08
I'm updating my PC 164LX system to -current, and figured I'd try out
the tlp Ethernet driver.  But I can't seem to get it to recognize
during startup.

I've got "tlp0 at pci0 dev 9 function 0" in my config, along with
"OPTIONS TLP_MATCH_21140".  But when I boot up, I get "Digital Equipment
DECchip 21140 ("FasterNet") 10/100 Ethernet (ethernet network, revision
0x22) at pci0 dev 9 function 0 not configured"

I've tried it with and without the TLP_MATCH_21140, and I've tried it
using specific locators and generic ones (pci? dev ? function ?).  All
variations end up the same.

The board configures just fine under 1.4M as a de0:

	de0 at pci0 dev 9 function 0
	de0: interrupting at eb164 irq 3
	de0: 21140A [10/100Mb/s] pass 2.2
	de0: address 00:c0:f0:40:b3:cb
	de: enabling 100BaseTX port

So, what am I missing?  :)

|   Paul Goyette  | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Engineer|  BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| & kernel hacker |  91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  pgoyette@juniper.net |