Subject: Re: Install-Problem
To: Erich Hohermuth <eh@solnet.ch>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/17/2000 10:30:51
On Thu, 17 Feb 2000 10:08:18 +0100 (MET)
 Erich Hohermuth <eh@solnet.ch> wrote:

 > I have a problem to setup NetBSD on my Alpha.
 > The system is a DEC 2000 Model 300 (PB22H).

Oh, hey, that's a Jensen :-)

NetBSD doesn't yet support it ... officially.  I have written most of
the code to make it work, but have not yet released it because I have
had no way to test it (I don't have a Jensen myself).

As I recall, Jensen's are *unable* to boot from floppy.  You'll have to
netboot it.  But I can provide a kernel that may, hopefully, work on
your system.

Can you do a "show dev" and e-mail me the entire output?