Subject: Re: DPWS500/Pyxis bugs, corrupt memory etc.
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jeff Roberson <nomad@nop.aliensystems.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/01/2000 11:31:08
>  > And if you have IDE disable dma. I just commented out a small block in
>  > pciide.c.  Perhaps some one could add a config value to disable IDE DMA.
>  > A note about this in the faq would be good too.
>
> Well, technically, this is a bug.  A bug which should be fixed.  I'll
> probably ask you to test stuff for me :-)

Sounds great.. I'll have to find a way to test w/o corrupting my disk
though.

> Out of curiosity, do you know if FreeBSD and Linux are using DMA for
> the IDE controller on your system?
>
>         -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>

I'm not sure if FreeBSD used DMA or not.  It certainly didn't say anything
about DMA in the dmesg.  It also didn't say anything about BWX.  That's
part of what lead me to disabling it.  Is there a way to make IDE obey the
page boundaries?  Also, I don't suppose you have any documentation on the
different IDE DMA modes.  I'm curious now.

Thanks,
Jeff