Subject: Re: Urgent!! pls help-->need clarification rgd S3 trio 64+ video card
To: Ali Maula Ali Mauli Ali DamDam <ravi_tiger@rocketmail.com>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/28/2000 08:47:27
Ali Maula Ali Mauli Ali DamDam wrote:

>hi ..i'm a netbsd newbie...
>
>i having problem starting my X server....the error
>messages was..
>
>"xinit: No such file or directory (errno 2): xinit:
>Server error"
>
>my machine is DEC 3000 with built in S3 trio 64+ video
>card ..how i go about this...

NetBSD does not yet support X on the S3, so that's what's going
on.  Right now we support the ZLXp-E1 (a.k.a. the TGA, a.k.a the
PBXGA-AA, etc).  I am going to be adding support for the TGA2 in
a couple of weeks (a.k.a. PBXGB-AA).  I think that other people
are doing work on the S3, but I do not know their time frame.

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==