Subject: Re: SCSI problems in -current?
To: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/20/2000 12:09:16
On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Paul Mather wrote:

> I supped a fresh -current yesterday but the resultant kernel hangs my
> DEC 3000/300 after probing the SCSI devices (as far as I can tell---cu
> kicks me out before the whole message is printed).  My 1.4L -current
> kernel works, but I've not had any joy at all building a working 1.4P
> (my last sup prior to yesterday's was sometime in late December, and
> that kernel wouldn't work in the same fashion).  This also goes for a
> GENERIC kernel built from the same sources.
>
> Does anyone else have this problem?

  I'm running a 1.4P system built on Decemeber 6 on a 3000/700 without
any problems.  I'm not certain what date those sources are from though -
it looks like it would have been November 24 or later.  I think I may
have newer sources on my PC164 at home, so I should be able to build a
newer kernel.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant