Subject: Crashes due to console output
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Joachim Kuebart <kuebart@mathematik.uni-ulm.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/20/2000 01:02:18
--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o

Hi,

I'm running -current (also tried 1.4.2) on a PC164SX and I'm having
the same problem that was mentioned in last week's "more pyxis/500a
info" thread: The VGA output gets corrupted when scrolling backwards
in vi(1) or when switching consoles using Ctrl-Alt-Fn keys.

Moreover, when a lot of console output happens (e.g. as caused by
``make build''), the system eventually freezes or reboots. When
running ``make build'' over the network, everything is fine.

Does anybody successfully run the aforementioned hardware _with_
a VGA card?

cu Jo

--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o

--IS0zKkzwUGydFO0o--