Subject: NetBSD-19991223 on DS10
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/19/2000 21:15:59
G'day,

I've temporary access to a Compaq DS10 Alpha at work and tried
to install NetBSD-19991223 using the floppy disks approach.

It all seem to go fine, until after modifying the partitions and
entering the label name in sysinstall when the install process exites
to the shell with a "detected reset on SCSIBUS 0" message.

On reboot, I the following message was printed

	waiting for SCSI to settle

and a "detected reset on SCSIBUS X" when probing the SCSI devices.

What does this mean? Is NetBSD-19991223 not suitable for the DS10 or
am I missing something?

These messages were written down by memory and may vary slightly,
I'm home now and simply left my little piece of paper behind.

Many thanks

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes