Subject: Re: SRM data loss; any consensus?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/12/2000 14:57:27
In message <200001122054.UAA22597@orchard.arlington.ma.us>, Bill Sommerfeld wri
tes:
>For pc164's, current superstition says that, to avoid losing settings,
>you want to first downgrade to SRM 4.x and then upgrade to a 5.x
>series SRM...
>
>All I can say is that my pc164 is no longer amnesiac after i went
>through this little exercise..

Anyone got a pointer to the relevant boot floppy or whatever I need?

While I'm at it, -current still crashes on my Promise EIDE controller until
I apply the clever patch to force it into some specific address range.  Anyone
know if there's a pr on that, and if so, which one it is?  I'll happily
volunteer as a guinea pig to get it fixed so I don't have to keep a patched
kernel.  :)

-s