Subject: Re: -current snapshot on 3000-300XL
To: Marcus Frey <marcus.frey@temic.de>
From: Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/12/2000 19:50:58
On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 05:55:39PM +0100, Marcus Frey wrote:

> - I want to use the Alpha as a fileserver, therefore a fast network
> interface would be nice. The builtin ethernet is 10BaseT, but I have a
> switched 100BaseTX network. Are there any 100BaseTX Turbochannel network
> cards? I know there are FDDI cards available, but I don't know how I can
> attach FDDI to 100BaseTX, nor where to get these cards.

I don't think any FastEthernet TC boards exist. The FDDI card you are
refering to is called a DEFTA (IIRC). FDDI to FastEthernet can be done but
needs some (most likely expensive) network equipment.

--
Wilko Bulte 		Arnhem, The Netherlands	  - The FreeBSD Project
    			WWW : http://www.tcja.nl  http://www.freebsd.org