Subject: Another stupid pc164 SRM problem
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/05/2000 01:16:21
Today, for the first time in a while, I power-cycled my pc164 box
(removing a sound card). When I tried to being it back up, the SRM
(V5.5-1) had apparantly forgotten that it could boot from the IDE
controller (dqa0); it complained when trying to boot and it didn't
show up with 'show device' (only dva0 and ewa0 did). Oddly, the
various boot* variables are intact. The device is listed in the PCI
section of 'show config'.

I vaguely, vaguely remember doing something mildly magic to fix this
the last time it happened; power-cycling and then running 'init' from
the SRM or something. But I can't get it to work this time. Anyone
have a less sieve-like memory than me for this bit of trivia?

        - Nathan