Subject: Re: More pyxis/500a info..
To: Jeff Roberson <nomad@nop.aliensystems.com>
From: Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/04/2000 10:48:48
On Mon, Jan 03, 2000 at 11:41:26PM -0800, Jeff Roberson wrote:
> I tried forcing the rev to 2, and commenting out that one line which it
> hangs on.  In both cases the kernel boots and detects all devices
> succesfully, but in both cases I get weird errors accessing devices on the
> PCI bus.  For instance, I can configure my nic, but I can not send any
> data through it.  Does any one have any pointers to documentation for this
> chipset?  And for these problems specifically?  I'm just poking around in
> the dark here.  I'm going to look through the freebsd source tomorrow to
> see if I can find anything particularly enlightening.

Looking at it again: I don't understand why Jeff's Miata locks up whereas
my Miata boots the same NetBSD floppy set just fine. Any chance you can
get me the hardware rev of the mainboard? It is something of the form
A01 close to the 54-24767-02 partnumber sticker.

--
Wilko Bulte 		Arnhem, The Netherlands	  - The FreeBSD Project
    			WWW : http://www.tcja.nl  http://www.freebsd.org