Subject: More pyxis/500a info..
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Roberson <nomad@nop.aliensystems.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/03/2000 22:39:52
So I found out the exact line that my machine hangs on.  It's in
cia_dma_init (cia_dma.c) at aproximately line 215.  The line reads:

               REGVAL(CIA_PCI_W2BASE) = CIA_PYXIS_BUG_BASE |
                    CIA_PCI_WnBASE_SG_EN | CIA_PCI_WnBASE_W_EN;

I found this simply by adding printf's here and there around suspicious
portions of code.  Interestingly enough, if I comment this out the kernel
boots, but I don't know how reliable it is.  I'll try installing from this
kernel in a bit.  Anyway, would anyone care to guess at why this causes my
machine to hang?

Thanks,
Jeff