Subject: Re: Pyxis chip on a 500a.
To: Jeff Roberson <nomad@nop.aliensystems.com>
From: Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/31/1999 00:04:19
On Thu, Dec 30, 1999 at 01:12:49PM -0800, Jeff Roberson wrote:
> The install floppies are located at the following address:
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/alpha/1.4.2_ALPHA/alpha/installation/floppy
>
> Do you have the same cia0 extended capabilities?  It should stall shortly
> after detecting cia0.  Thanks for the help.

Jeff,

I just grabbed the 2 floppy images and they boot just fine on my Miata.
That is, as long as I use the graphics console. I want to use the
serial console (pulled the keyboard & mouse, SRM falls back to serial)
to capture the boot messages for comparison. But alas:

>>>boot dva0
(boot dva0.0.0.0.1 -flags A)
block 0 of dva0.0.0.0.1 is a valid boot block
reading 15 blocks from dva0.0.0.0.1
bootstrap code read in
base = 1f0000, image_start = 0, image_bytes = 1e00
initializing HWRPB at 2000
initializing page table at 1e2000
initializing machine state
setting affinity to the primary CPU
jumping to bootstrap code
<nothing, absolutely nothing is printed anymore>

Floppy led stays on forever

I assume this should work for a NetBSD install flop too?

--
Wilko Bulte 		Arnhem, The Netherlands	  - The FreeBSD Project
    			WWW : http://www.tcja.nl  http://www.freebsd.org