Subject: Re: Pyxis chip on a 500a.
To: Jeff Roberson <nomad@nop.aliensystems.com>
From: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/29/1999 18:48:45
FWIW, on my particular 500a I've managed to _install_ NetBSD-current fine (12/4
snapshot); i.e. the INSTALL kernel works great for me, but the GENERIC kernel
installed by the 12/4 snapshot falls down with a 'memory management' kernel-trap
error upon initializing the Qlogic card I've got in it.  (I believe this was fixed
after 12/4 by Matthew Jacob).

I'm currently in the process of compiling a new -current Miata-flavored kernel on
another Alpha.  I'm confident I can get NetBSD happy on the thing.  I'll let you
know the outcome, and send you a kernel once my little bastard is up.

This 500a of mine has a Trio-64 card in it (bottom PCI slot), and a DEC 21141 card.

Does your machine hang at the INSTALL kernel (i.e. before sysinst?)

dhop