Subject: Re: panic while extracting pkgsrc.tar.gz
To: Joe <joe@team7.cba.ualr.edu>
From: Lord Isildur <isildur@guild.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/29/1999 15:33:43
there is something very flaky with your filesystem. This coudl be due to
the device, due to the controller, due to the bus interface, the bus, the
bus adapter, bad memory, who knows! could be a bug in the filesystem code,
but i doubt it. i dont know of any recent changes to that stuff and it's
worked for ages. of course, i dont follow -current or anything so i dont
know exactly whats new. can you reproduce this on a different machine,
or at least with different disk/controller and/or memory? it has nothing
to do with tar.

isildur