Subject: Re: Pyxis chip on a 500a.
To: Jeff Roberson <nomad@nop.aliensystems.com>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/29/1999 10:49:30
On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Jeff Roberson wrote:

> I booted a freebsd, and a linux kernel on the machine last night.  Both,
> to my surprise, worked.  Although freebsd doesn't support ide on the

Does now, in -current, if it's CMD646 chip- at least that's what my PC164
runs off of (in fact, I'm going to shove a 40GB IBM IDE drive in today to
see how well it does- that sucker does 12-15MB off the platter, very
impressive).

> machine, and I would rather not have the machine than use linux.  So this
> leads me to wonder what netbsd does differently to cause the machine to
> hang, and what work needs to be done to fix this.

In truth, I expect that when Jason gets back on 1/12 he'll fix this, if
Ross doesn't tackle it before hand. I probably won't because I don't have
a machine to test it on (or the time really).