Subject: Re: Kernel Debugging / kgdb support
To: Juergen Weiss <weiss@Uni-Mainz.DE>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/22/1999 09:34:21
On Tue, 21 Dec 1999 11:19:27 +0100 (MET)
 Juergen Weiss <weiss@Uni-Mainz.DE> wrote:

 > There seems to be no remote kgdb support for kernel debugging
 > in the NetBSD alpha port. Is anybody working on it?

It's on my list... I've made some changes to support it, but need to
do more, and test it.  I simply haven't had the time to finish it up
yet.  I will try to bubble it up the priority list once I get back from
holiday traveling (mid January).

 > Or are there other mechanisms for kernel debugging with
 > full symbolic support (structure printing, line number, etc)?

It is possible to debug kernel crash dumps w/ gdb, though it can't backtrace
over trap frames properly (gdb doesn't understand them).