Subject: Serial Console/rebooting
To: NetBSD-Alpha <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Cohen <cohentl@clarkson.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/16/1999 15:12:11
Hey guys,
	I'm running a null modem cable from my PC to my AlphaStation 200.
Whenever I reboot my PC, it performs a full reset(like a cold boot), and
this causing the NetBSD current kernel to crash (goes to db> ).. I'm
assuming the reboot of the PC is changing the voltages on the serial port
lines or something which netbsd takes as a break or something.. is there
anyway I can tell it to ignore this(either through hardware or software?).
Thanks a lot..
-Todd

http://www.clarkson.edu/~cohentl
"You can use divine intervention to solve the problem if you need to."
- Coleman, 1998
"Sometimes crazy things happen in circuits." - Muku, 1999