Subject: BIOS boot floppy
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/16/1999 10:36:06
In a long, sweaty, and arduous battle yesterday to get this 500a to run
SRM, I managed to cook the bios:  corrupt FlashROM.  All giggles aside,
I noticed this interesting bit from the technical manual:

"When the system is powered on, the POST code, sensing the flashROM
corruption, will attempt to load from the floppy drive."

Now, the fact is that the machine _does_ click through the tracks; a FAT
fwupdate.exe disk doesn't help, nor does a mkboot.exe'd fwupdate.exe
disk.  Any gurus on this list know what format the machine looks for?
My thoughts are that it's a mkbootarc'd *.cmp file, but I'll be damned
if I could find that for the Miata.

Man oh man,
dhop