Subject: Re: AS 1200 + qlogic RAID
To: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
From: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/15/1999 14:20:27
David Hopper writes:
> Greg Oster wrote:
>
> > Did 'raidctl -C ...' give any sort of error?
> > (I realize the feedback from raidctl is (currently) rather weak... that
> > will hopefully change soon :) )
>
> Nope.  Raidctl continued ad infinitum with the reported IRQ errors, actually
> swelling the load on the machine overnight until even the login shell was
> locked out.

Ahh... Ok, so RAIDframe hadn't even succeeded in getting anything close
to being configured then.. It probably got hung up on the vn_open of /dev/sd1a
in rf_netbsdkintf.c:raidlookup().  With DEBUG defined, you should see a:

 RAIDframe: vn_open returned 6
 raidlookup on device: /dev/sd1a failed!

in the logs if RAIDframe actually managed to get something back from
the vn_open() call.  If you're not seeing the above, then hopefully this
problem is outside of RAIDframe territory :)

Later...

Greg Oster