Subject: Re: ncr doesnot work with sources from 19991209
To: <>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@unna.ping.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/11/1999 19:54:44
--==_Exmh_-1725429008P

In message <199912101918.UAA11153@zippo.unna.ping.de>you write:
> I just compiled a new kernel for my axppci33, and that would not boot up
> correct any more.
> Here the relevant output (Sources Dec. 9)
> pci0 at lca0 bus 0
> pci0: i/o space, memory space enabled, rd/line, rd/mult, wr/inv ok
> ncr0 at pci0 dev 6 function 0: ncr 53c810 fast10 scsi
> ncr0: interrupting at isa irq 11
> ncr0: minsync=25, maxsync=206, maxoffs=8, 16 dwords burst, normal dma fifo
> ncr0: single-ended, open drain IRQ driver
> CACHE TEST FAILED: script execution failed.
> start=000017d1, pc=000017dc, end=000017fd
> CACHE INCORRECTLY CONFIGURED.

> ncr.c is from 08/99, so what has changed to have this effect? the aha2940
> installed in this machine works just fine on both kernels.

So I went out and bought an 810a controller, put that into my development
pc164, generated a new kernel from Dec. 10. sources for that, it worked, so i
made one for the axppci and that worked also.
So it looks like i will not be able to reproduce that one.  But I will keep
generating a new kernel for the axppci more often these days...

Gruesse
       Oskar

--==_Exmh_-1725429008P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3ia

iQCVAwUBOFKd87A63tqjeAhZAQGXewP/V15QqBNWMjte6snXAwx7Soa7pqyFql8J
debj2OdaXZ3ThIOsydYGA4+YfmkicBfWZDAQgRXBrl9dSSkJdDWA7nw4+dKQnjPs
kW2TtWBSagHHqm1XaX+EfBRfI1pMabdvTkmnldH89k9680soKgz9/Atm1R0W3MZO
qe3JXtNcGyo=
=UhnS
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_-1725429008P--