Subject: Re: ex0 wedges after long uptime?
To: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/07/1999 10:19:30
On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Matthias Drochner wrote:

> mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu said:
> >   It gets 0x2001, which would appear to be 'window 1', and
> > S_INTR_LATCH.
> > [...]
> >   It would appear that the EtherLinkXL gets into some state where it's
> > got an interrupt without an indication in the status register, so the
> > interrupt never gets cleared.
>
> It seems that "S_INTR_LATCH" _is_ such an indication, and
> other drivers for that hardware handle it that way.
> The appended patch could help - can you try it?

  I will give it a try.  I've not had the first interface fail since it
re-enabled the interrupt, and the second interface hasn't failed yet
either.

  I noticed that the elink3 driver seemed to do something with INTR_LATCH
and wondered if that was different with elinkxl, or just wasn't taken into
account.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant