Subject: Re: `ld.elf_so' bug dead
To: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/05/1999 11:45:01
On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Dave Huang wrote:

> > The problem was due to a bug in the Alpha pmap_protect(), introduced
> > in revision 1.65 on 1998/08/25.  It's dead in -current, and I've sent
> > a pullup request for 1.4.2.
>
> Is this the "Undefined PLT symbol" bug? 'cuz while things are much
> better, I just got:
>
> main program: Undefined PLT symbol "fwrite" (reloc type = 26, symnum = 126)
>
> from pine while trying to save an attachment.

  I get a similar error when trying to include an attachement in pine,
only it's fread.  It seens to be easily reproducible on my PC164 - I just
send a message to myself, attache /netbsd, and send the message.
Debugging output from ld.elf_so seems to show that it's not related to
fork() and the pmap bug, and it also appears to make many successful
lookups before failing.

  This was with a kernel built from Saturday's sources.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant