Subject: diskless booting
To: NetBSD-Alpha <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Cohen <cohentl@clarkson.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/03/1999 00:19:14
Hi,
	I'm trying to netboot an alphastation 200 (233mhz) off of a RedHat
Linux 6.1 machine. I'm getting the following error.. any ideas? Also, I'm
starting bootparamd in debug mode with the following, rpc.bootparamd -d

no requests are made as far as I can tell..

Trying BOOTP boot.

Broadcasting BOOTP Request...
Received BOOTP Packet File Name is: /tftpboot/boot.alpha
local inet address: 128.153.158.28
remote inet address: 128.153.159.56
TFTP Read File Name: /tftpboot/boot.alpha
netmask = 255.255.0.0
Server is on same subnet as client.
.
bootstrap code read in
base = 1f2000, image_start = 0, image_bytes = c4a0
initializing HWRPB at 2000
initializing page table at 1e4000
initializing machine state
setting affinity to the primary CPU
jumping to bootstrap code

halted CPU 0

halt code = 2
kernel stack not valid halt
PC = 0

http://www.clarkson.edu/~cohentl
"You can use divine intervention to solve the problem if you need to."
- Coleman, 1998
"Sometimes crazy things happen in circuits." - Muku, 1999