Subject: Re: Of course, a third quesiton
To: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/30/1999 23:47:51
Eric Schnoebelen writes:

> 	My guess here would be that it shows up as PCI device ID
> 0x10000005 (the 53c810AP) intead of 0x10000001 (the 53c810.)
> (these numbers come from sys/dev/pci/pcidevs.)

Yes, I'm assuming something like this is happening.  It is not that big
of a problem, as I'm currently using an IDE drive anyway.  Still, it
would be nice to have a SCSI controller that the SRM can boot.  When I
bought this one I wasn't sure if it would be a SYM53C810 or 'A', so I
was gambling anyway. :)

> 	I suppose one could attempt to patch SRM to recognize
> the other ID, but it's not something _I'm_ up to.. :-)

I wouldn't mind monkeying with SRM, it is flashing it to the motherboard
that I would avoid.. :)
Anyone know how it is compressed anyway?  Apparently it is compressed and
has a signature at the beginning. (or so it appears to me)

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.