Subject: Re: XFree86 SVGA Server
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: David Hopper <dhop@globalesi.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/19/1999 21:37:19
Please forgive my ignorance of all things platform-independent, but=20
what would it take to implement an SVGA server for NetBSD-Alpha?  If=20
Xfree86 claims to have Alpha binaries already, to what platform are=20
they referring?  Linux?  FreeBSD?  (the statement in question is in=20
the release notes at=20
ftp://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/3.3.5/RELNOTES)

Is it a simple recompile?  I know the answer is 'no', or someone would=20
have done this three years ago...

Dave

On 11/19/99, 4:06:03 PM, Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@dingo.ping.net.au>=20
wrote regarding Re: XFree86 SVGA Server:

> David Hopper wrote
> >
> > According to the XFree86 release notes for 3.3.5, Alpha binaries are=

> > available for a number of display cards.  I have an S3 Virge in an
> > Alphastation 255, but I can't for the life of me find where to get
> > binaries.  The NetBSD directory only has x86 and PC98 servers, and t=
he
> > NetBSD-alpha distribution contains no servers at all.
> >
> > Any ideas where I can find this stuff?

> There are no XServers for generic pci-vga graphics cards available on
> the NetBSD-alpha platform.

> cheerio Berndt
> --
> Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio =

+++
> E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes=

> ICQ     : 18196098                     |  VK5ABN, Nairne, South=20
Australia
vk5abn@vk5abn.#lmr.#sa.au.oc