Subject: Re: SRM
To: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@unna.ping.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/17/1999 21:30:04
--==_Exmh_-723592221P

In message <199911171956.GAA28777@balrog.supp.cpr.itg.telecom.com.au>you write:
> One would hope that it's also related in other ways - I think I'd
> be disappointed in a purist's sort-of-way if an 8400 or other such
> serious machines _could_ load ARC anyways, even if the flash were
> large enough :-)

According to the Firmware Update Release Notes Overview all AlphaServers can
run NT Firmware (i.e. ARC aka AlphaBIOS).  This explicitely includes the 8400
;-)

Gruesse
       Oskar

--==_Exmh_-723592221P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBODMQSrA63tqjeAhZAQGCtgQAsgzAMcU13hR0m+C3MlPzgLWcfVdQfJb7
00jaxILNxoZhPU25r2V3XGhlahD1j5zwpgx4CXgpSxRcPdmx1evgw19VLQqCHXqa
mXDi5melKBfIQ0MQmgu7wi/HbPVkvHzMZXY9+IrTTYhPflPr0wjgk0ZHD+W7ywGs
a7hA2IT+TFs=
=Za2S
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_-723592221P--