Subject: Re: SRM 3.5-72
To: None <dbsaint@bellsouth.net>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/16/1999 03:58:10
> I had a problem booting off of the floppy as well with whatever firmware mine
> came with. I upgraded the firmware and it worked then. I still had floppy soft
> errors like Jon was saying but I could still boot.

One of my multia's gives floppy errors, the other is fine. No idea what causes
it.

> Unfortunately, this machine
> worked like a charm for like 2 days then I decided to reboot it < dont ask me
> why > and it never came back up :( just be very careful what you do to the
> little bastards they are really volatile.

Sounds like the power supply was on its last legs -- I had exactly this
happen to my 233mhz multia, and a replacement power supply brought it back
to life.

If you haven't replaced the multia's battery yet, that would be advisable
also. $10 or so at radio shack.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com