Subject: Re: SRM 3.5-72
To: None <dbsaint@bellsouth.net>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/15/1999 07:41:58
On Mon, 15 Nov 1999 dbsaint@bellsouth.net wrote:

> I had a problem booting off of the floppy as well with whatever firmware mine
> came with. I upgraded the firmware and it worked then. I still had floppy soft
> errors like Jon was saying but I could still boot. Unfortunately, this machine
> worked like a charm for like 2 days then I decided to reboot it < dont ask me
> why > and it never came back up :( just be very careful what you do to the
> little bastards they are really volatile.

Yeah, the new firmware appears to retry the read errors.  My multia died
about 3 days after I had it up and running... I'm assuming it's heat
death, and since my alphastation 200/166 decided to go south, I'm left
with this multia, unless anyone knows where to get another alpha cheap :-)

 -Jon Lindgren
 "Xyzzy!  You're a duck!"
 jlindgren@espus.com, yubyub@yubyub.net