Subject: Re: Floppy and EB164's
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@unna.ping.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/11/1999 23:33:28
--==_Exmh_838663143P

In message <14375.59287.845203.482996@passion.geek.com.au>you write:
> Whatever the reasons, I can now add two more datapoints; both boards
> now correctly boot without amnesia after doing 5.4 -> 4.9 -> 5.5

That's my experience too.

> I did have one problem, however: at least the 4.9 fwupdate would only
> work when run with a vga console; on serial it failed to get input.

mine ran properly on com1, but my boards don't have vga at all then.

Gruesse
       Oskar

--==_Exmh_838663143P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBOCtEN7A63tqjeAhZAQGsXgP/bEigEb06xMcrK+Vxu0jwbxCA0yRctX2R
qGXEJJP98dHsyumMp3Z+sn1gdwVyBmH8t7ozbwE+yTXtITfJEMer+Q5Wy9odVA9z
Ypz8OMQdoaJpHBgYyzqxkusvTThr+s5OrvoWBG6MZrFiJYTfKccNC7oS8mgiNJ5Z
xyf5uE/QNdE=
=a38/
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_838663143P--