Subject: EB164 nvram problems (was: Floppy and EB164's)
To: None <kre@munnari.OZ.AU, port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Joerg Czeranski <joerg.czeranski@informatik.tu-clausthal.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/08/1999 08:42:42
Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU> wrote:
> It would probably be a good idea if those of us with these systems could
> keep track of how the system gets shut down, and in what circumstances
> the nvram data is saved, and when it is lost - maybe a pattern will emerge.

I have a PC164 500 MHz with the latest SRM console installed.
There were NT and Redhat on it when I bought it, and I think there
is a Milo installed.  (How do I get rid of the remains of it?
Reinstalling SRM doesn't help.)

I get "isa table corrupt" on every power-on.  I shutdown the system
with -h, then do a "set boot_osflags A", then power-off.  If I don't
do a "set", I lose all variables by the off/on.

joerch