Subject: pc164 will not boot multiuser
To: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zippo.unna.ping.de>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/07/1999 12:08:44
Jan-Hinrich Fessel writes:

 > After all I got my new PC164 running, but it will not boot multiuser.
 > Yes, I do have rc_configured=YES and boot_osflags a.
 > Im running the latest snapshot from october.
 > The machine will not even go to multiuser after leaving singleuser via logging
 > out from the singleuser shell,m i.e. it comes back to singeluser prompt.

Oh dear. There may be something bad in that snapshot.

I saw this myself the other day installing a new machine; because of
the somewhat convoluted hoops i had to jump through to install the
machine, I decided I had omitted something obvious while not
concentrating and planned to try again this weekend.

I have a new snapshot building at the moment; will try that on the
second machine and report back soon.  I rebuilt the system doing the
building yesterday from the same sources that are being used for the
snapshot; it is running fine (but obviously different make options are
used).

Hmm.. my main machine is still running the 1.4.1 bootblocks, i wonder
if the -a is not getting passed through correctly.  I shall
experiment.

--
Dan.