Subject: Floppy and EB164's
To: port-alpha <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew van der Stock <ajv@greebo.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/05/1999 09:16:07
With Dan Carosone's much appreciated help (ie, he did it all :), the floppy
now works.

The trick is that with nasty cheap floppies, there's no cable guide. I
couldn't plug the cable in the way it was supposed to go. Dan noticed that
the cable guide a pre-scored notch on the PCB of the floppy drive. He
whipped out his leatherman and fixed that right up - removing the small
square. We plugged the cable in the right way, and low and behold the floppy
worked.

My other issues are

* a lack of case circulation (I'm going to get a massive case fan and see if
that'll improve things)
* netbooting doesn't work (not a biggie now that the floppy works)
* and finally getting the SRM to remember things between boots

Andrew van der Stock, Security Architect e-Secure Pty Ltd
"Secure in a Networked World"   	     Phone: 02 9438 4984  Fax: 02 9438 4986
Suite 201, 2-4 Pacific Hwy,     	     Mobile: 0412 532 963
St. Leonards NSW 2065 Australia          http://www.e-Secure.com.au/
ACN 086 248 419
e-mail:A.vanderStock@e-Secure.com.au