Subject: RE: where can I find multia hardware ?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org, tobi@bland.fido.de, tony.hernandez@intellon.com>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/15/1999 13:02:50
> From tony.hernandez@intellon.com Fri Oct 15 12:55:01 1999
> From: Tony Hernandez <tony.hernandez@intellon.com>
> To: "'Ross Harvey'" <ross@ghs.com>, port-alpha@netbsd.org, tobi@bland.fido.de
> Subject: RE: where can I find multia hardware ?
> Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 15:54:05 -0400
>
> this is cool.. but I can boot from a floppy into the system correct ?

Yes, you want to compile a custom kernel with lots of devices you don't
have removed. This config should say "root on wd0a". You then gzip -9 it,
make a filesystem on the floppy, mount the filesystem on /mnt, cp boot and
netbsd.gz to /mnt, and run installboot. There is also a way to boot from
a floppy ustar archive instead of a filesystem, see src/distrib/alpha/ for
the magic recipe.