Subject: Re: tga graphic cards
To: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/13/1999 21:41:42
Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com> writes:
> Option (1) is really too big a job given the resources we have and given
> that the much-easier kludge (2) gives us most of the functionality of (1).
>
> Option (2) was avoided previously because of purism (at least in part, I
> think) but for the record: I've made the decision that it is now OK for
> NetBSD/alpha to go this way. (Hehe.)

Right.

Put another way, option two is easy but architecturally wrong, and
option one is huge.

I've never had time to even try to make a dent in option one other
than by trying to get the xf86 folks to Understand.

I've never had any interest in working on option two.

NetBSD is a user-supported system.  That means that if people want the
feature, they should work on it...

cgd