Subject: Re: More PCIIDE problems.
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/12/1999 20:06:27
On Sun, Oct 10, 1999 at 04:07:53PM -0700, Matt Thomas wrote:
> I just plugged in a Promise UltraDMA/33 Controller into my Alpha PC164SX-533
> system; connected are IBM 22GB and 37GB DeskStar drives on separate channels.
>
> The system machine checks when probing (this was -current as of two weeks ago
> with a patch to alloc the bus master registers if > 0x10000).

Only the bus-master or all I/O registers ? As I understand it the command
and control registers could produce the same problem is alloctaed over
0x10000.
setting wdcdebug_pciide_mask to 0x10 should print the PCI config registers
and give the info.

     {Net,Free}BSD: 21 ans d'experience feront toujours la difference